Saturday, August 15, 2009

States Rights Weekend


STATES RIGHTS


Rather than write out a long defense of what I have contended for regarding state sovereignty at the moment, I am going to take advantage of availble technology, and refer all of you to original sources I have consulted in formulating my understanding of what the Rights of the States in the Federal Union properly are. Thanks to the digitization project Google has undertaken, I can source a number of works here.


Alexander H. Stephens' Constitutional View of the War Between the States





Senator Benjamin H. Hill of Georgia: His Life and Speeches




The Sovereignty of the States by Walter Neale




Is Davis a Traitor? by Albert Taylor Bledsoe




Abel P. Upshur's Inquiry





The Real Lincoln by Charles L.C. Minor



A View of the Constitution by William Rawle



Northern Rebellion and Southern Secession by E. W. R. Ewing



The Story of the Civil War by John Codman Ropes



Calhoun's Disquistion and Discourse



A Short History of the Confederate States of America by Jefferson Davis



Free, Sovereign and Independent States by John Remington Graham



Constitutional History of Secession ibid.

No comments:

Post a Comment